Sunday 16 January 2011

Yes, I’m one of those people.



You know when you are out with friends, whether it’s in a pub or a coffee shop, and someone starts talking about films. Most of the time, it’s a classic film that that person expects every one in the group to have seen and some one in the groups pipes up to say “I haven’t seen that”. Suddenly, everyone else in the group turns around and looks at that person with their mouths wide open...

Well, I’m that person... who sits there feeling rather embarrassed, shy and wishes that the earth would open up and swallow them.

I mean, I’ve always liked film. I love going to the cinema or staying in on a Saturday night to watch a DVD or a boxset on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

So, on New Years Day 2011, I made a deal with myself. I said that I wanted to spend 2011 learning more about film, catch up with classics, watch some films that I’ve missed in 2010 and try to see some great films in 2011.

I’m not looking to become the worlds biggest film journalist, become the next James King or Mark Kermode. I just thought it would be nice to share my experience as I start to explore this daunting genre.

So come along, I hope you enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment