Thursday 20 January 2011

Review - The Last Kiss



To be honest, when I saw this film on LoveFilm, I got quite excited. It was a film that I wanted to watch when it came out in 2006, never got around to buying/borrowing the DVD. I also liked Zach Braff in Scrubs and as a big fan of “The OC”, I was quite looking forward to see Rachel Bilson do something different. As I had a night free, didn’t want to watch what was on telly, I thought I would I give it a go...

Actually, I wish I could have that 1hour39mins back...please!

After the first 45min, I realised that the plot had not really moved on, there was no direction or goal. The characters were very one dimensional, you knew nothing of there past and had to judge everything on face value. As the film is about relationships, you needed a bit of depth, but to be honest, it was like trying to swim in the shallow end of the pool.

Every relationship seem to be falling apart in front of your eyes and nothing was really resolved. As you felt no warmth to the characters, you didn’t really care what happened to them at all. They tired to tell too many stories, but none very well.

I was looking forward to seeing another side of Rachel and Zach, but I didn’t. The little bit of comedy there was seemed be quashed buy Zach trying his hardest not to be JD. Rachel on the other hand just seemed to still be Summer Roberts, the same giggle, smile, selfishness, random personality and weird sense of humor.

The best part about this film was the soundtrack....

I will give this...2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment