Sunday 23 January 2011

Quick Little Dinner...Chicken, cheese and mushroom pasta.

Photo_1


I know the picture isn't very representative of the food that I made, but it was bloody delicious!

Anyway, at this time of year, I am trying to save the pennies! So, I’ve been doing as much cooking as I can at home and making food to take to the office for lunch (It's amazing how much you can save by not spending £5+ a day on Lunch.) Also, being a busy bumble bee, I haven't got time to create a feast every night. I want to spend my evenings letting my head relax and not spent in the kitchen.

Over the weekend, I put some of the culinary skills to the test and tried to use what was left in my fridge. It's amazing what you can do when you only have a couple of ingredients to work with.

So, if you fancy trying it. Here is the recipe for chicken, cheese and mushroom pasta..<

Pasta
1 clove of garlic
2 chicken breasts - one per person you are cooking for
Half a tub of mushrooms - add more, less or none at all
Tub of soft cheese
Olive oil

1. Slice up the garlic, mushrooms and chicken.
2. Put a teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan, once hot, start to fry the garlic
3. After about 1 min add the chopped chicken to the pan
4. While this going on, put your pasta on to boil and leave to cook for the recommended time
5. Once the chicken has been cooking for about 6-7 mins, add the mushrooms to the pan
6. Let the chicken, mushrooms and garlic fry until you are happy that the chicken and mushrooms are cooked through
7. About 3-4mins before the pasta is finished, add the the soft cheese to the pan with the chicken, mushrooms and garlic
8. Stir this until the cheese melts
9. Drain the pasta
10. Once the cheese is melted, add some salt and pepper and serve with the pasta

Very simple and filling dinner. Doesn't take long to make and you can enjoy it watching your fav TV program!

No comments:

Post a Comment