Sunday 23 January 2011

Review - The Kings Speech.

From Filmfetish.com

I know that this film has had a lot of hype recently. Colin Firth winning a Golden Globe, the film being nominated for a grand total of 14 Bafta’s, four nominations for the Screen Actors Guild Awards, another win at the Producers Guild Awards and with the Oscars on the way I think this film could be a the film of 2011.

I mean, my mum has also seen it and loved it! She liked it soo much that she is even heading back to the cinema to see it again!

I have to say, this is a great film. I don’t know much about this period in British history, but after spending Christmas watching Upstairs Downstairs on the BBC, I had a brief idea of what was going on. It made me want to find out more about this iconic period.

At moments, the film was making the whole cinema laugh out loud. At others, I found myself with tears rolling down my face. You felt really engaged with the story with the amazing British cast bringing the whole thing to life in such a great way. Colin Firth plays King George VI exceptionally well and Helena Bonham Carter brings new life to the Queen Mother. Even Ramona Marquez (from Out Numbered fame)was brilliant, you were waiting for her to be Karen at points though.

So if you get the chance, go an see this great British masterpiece, it will make you proud to be from this great nation.

I give it 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment