Wednesday 26 January 2011

Oscars - Ones to watch...

It's been quite interesting getting into the Oscars buzz this year, it's something I've never done before. I was actually quite surprised to find out I've watched most of the films in the top nominations. Some of them I had missed, but have planned to catch up on in the next couple of months.

So these are the films that I'm going to be keeping an eye on:

The Kings Speech - as you would have read, I have seen this film and bloody loved it! If you haven't seen it, it would be something that I would recommend. I think it will walk away most of the awards this year, but who knows.

Black Swan - Quite looking forward to seeing this at some point in the next couple of weeks. Heard mixed reviews, but quite excited.

The Kids are All Right - A film I missed when it was out. Quite looking forward to the DVD/Download, so defiantly one to catch up on. It's won Golden Globes and been nominated for a few Bafta's..must be good right?

Inception - Loved this film, hope it wins something, even though it hasn't got many nominations.

The Social Network - One that I did catch in the cinema, thought it was good, not sure if it is Oscar worthy though.

Toy Story 3 - One of my favourite films of 2010! Big winner!

True Grit - Wasn't sure when I first saw the trailer, but I think it will be awesome. Its on my list to see when released.


These are the ones I won't be watching:

The Fighter - I'm not a fan of boxing films, I couldn't watch Rocky.
127 Hours - Watching a film about a man who cuts his own arm off...no thank you.
Winters Bone - Wasn't sure from the trailer...could be convinced.


I will be making some predictions nearer the time...watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no no no. I can't accept your decision not to watch The Fighter and 127 Hours. The first one is more of a family drama (I love those) and only after it's a film about box. As for 127 Hours, a must see... because of James Franco acting.:)

    ReplyDelete