Tuesday 16 April 2013

Now that is a Goldfinger


With an extravagant villain, Nazi gold, a Bond girl called “Pussy” who runs a flying circus and Q returns with his amazing spy car, Bond is really back!

If you cannot tell already, I really liked this Bond film. The storyline was really interesting and very different to the first two films. James knows who the enemy is, but gets close to him to find out more without the need to hunt him down and kill him.

Pussy Galore, was a perfect Bond girl for me. She was passionate, determined and strong minded. She was a perfect match for James Bond. In the original book by Ian Fleming, Pussy Galore was a lesbian. Honor Blackman was a perfect choice for this character, especially after her stint in The Avengers. Apparently producers were so determined for her to be in the film that they even wrote in her Judo ability. Honor was also the oldest women to play a Bond girls, as she was 37 at the time of filming.

Goldfinger was also a great villain. He knew what he wanted and knew how to get it. His base was even more amazing, with lasers and moving walls. He had extravagant plans to steal the gold reserve at Fort Knox. It’s the type of grand plan that makes a bond film very interesting. I also loved his assistant Odd Job.

One of my favourite scenes is when James is strapped to a table and about to be killed by a laser. The classic exchange between James Bond and Goldfinger was brilliant.

James Bond - “Do you expect me to talk?”

Goldfinger - “No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die”

As mentioned before, this is the film when the real spy gadgets come into play. The great banter between James Bond and Q is what you know and love about them. The car is also amazing. A beautiful Aston Martin DB5. Originally this was going to be an E-Type Jaguar, but they decided not to take part in the film. To be honest, I think they made a better choice with this iconic car.

I loved this film, it is my favourite Bond film so far! I will definitely be watching this one Bank Holiday weekend.

I give it 9/10


But what do you think? Is this your favourite one too? Please put your comments below

Steve Whiting

No comments:

Post a Comment