Thursday 31 March 2011

Spring is here!

Photo_2


So, we can finally say that Spring has sprung!

The clocks have moved forward, the weather is getting warmer, flowers have started to bloom and the trees are in beautiful spring blossom. You can finally put the big winter coat away, but keep the mac on hand. And don’t put away the umbrella yet! There's still a few odd showers.

It’s funny what this time of year does to you. After a Winter of hibernating inside, eating lots and lots of food, it’s time to dust away the cobwebs and start that good old clean out. The first time the warm spring sun hits your skin, you suddenly feel like it’s time to face the world again. You feel like whatever has been troubling you can been fixed.

For the first time in many years, I have been noticing the change in season and welcomed that first spring sun with open arms. I even got the sunglasses out, but decided to leave the shorts in the cupboard as it really isn’t that warm yet. :)

Also, this Spring means a lot to me. Firstly it marks my first year of living in London! I know what you are thinking, it feels like I’ve been here for ages, but really it’s only been a year. Even though I have to move out of my little house, I’m sure my housemates and I will be able to find somewhere to live before summer. Also the end of Spring marks a big moment in my life, I mark my 1 year anniversary with my boyfriend. I know that might seem tosh to some of you, but for me it’s a big occasion. My previous relationships have only lasted 1 - 2 months so for me this is a big deal! We are marking it the best way possible, with a little holiday to a seaside town in Cornwall. Really I can’t wait.

So, I would like to make a toast to Spring! Welcome back and we look forward to what surprises you spring on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment