Monday 14 February 2011

Review - True Grit



True grit is a great film, a good story, some supurb acting and amazing cinematography. I'm not usually a big fan of westerns in general, but this one was great. Either am I a big fan of the Cohen brothers after their last couple of films which I found really hard to get into. But, they got it right with True Grit!

After seeing Jeff bridges in tron, it's nice yonder him do some propper acting and play an amazing character. Matt Damon was great too, he usualy seems a little dead behind the eyes, but you can really see his talent in these films. Hailee Steinfield should be proud for such doing a great job for her first major Hollywood picture!

Even though I did enjoy the film, I'm not sure of it is really as good as the King's Speech, which had me laughing and crying throughout, so not convinced that it lives up to it's Oscar hype.

Anyway, a great film that makes me want to go and watch some westerns!

4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment